Kunal Kapur, 38 years old chef is a celebrity chef in India. Chef Kunal is well known for hosting and judging Master Chef India, a franchise show of MasterChef ( U.S). He hosted and judged the show for its first three seasons (2010-2012), he's also a part of Junior Masterchef India.
The famous Chef, Kunal has achieved a lot when it comes to his career, he recently launched a seven-episode web series capturing chef’s food and wine experience in Australia, #TravelWithKunal.
The famous chef, however, keeps his private life under the radars. Now, that ignites a lot of curiosity among fans. Who is chef Kunal Kapur's wife? Does he have children?
Is Chef Kunal Kapur Married? Does He Have Children?
Chef Kunal, as believed is married, and as per sources, her name is Ekta. It seems that Kunal is quite shy when it comes to his personal life, there is not much information about his wife anywhere in the media.
Chef Kuna Kapur with his wife Ekta and son
Kunal being a great Chef and having a wonderful media personality seems to be very busy when it comes to making time for his family. In one of his interviews with Indian Food Freak in 2013, when asked about his personal life and his time management skills he responded,
I have a wife and a two-year-old son
He further added
They are never happy that I am away for so long. But they support me all the way in what I do.
Ekta Kapur and the kids sound like a supportive family! Chef Kunal is truly blessed! You'll see how together they are as a family when you go through Kuna's Instagram; there are some adorable pictures of his kids!
Can a child be any cuter? A perfect example of 'like father like son.'
Even though Kunal says he's not with his family for long as he has to travel for his work, he does pretty amazing things for his family. Like the time when judges of MasterChef India were invited to another Indian show Naach Baaliye where he confessed he couldn't dance at all, but still took part in the show.
How does that count?
Hear what Kunal had to say and you'll see why:
My wife Ekta Kapoor loves dancing and is extremely good at it. But when it comes to me, I find it externally challenging to even do one step in sync. Looking at the way the couples on the show, who have been non-dancers, have progressed, only for the sake of their wife, I am extremely touched.
That is indeed a lovely gesture!
Indian Chef Kunal Kapur's Achievements
- Chef Kunal Kapur’s name was listed by Limca Book of Records for creating India’s largest "Chocolate Tower."
- Chef Kunal Kapur also received Dr. S Radhakrishnan National Media Network Award 2014 for his contribution in television (MasterChef India).
- Chef Kunal Kapur has received the prestigious Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship, awarded to him by the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Mr. John Key, in the field of Food & Beverage.
- Kunal Kapur was born on September 18, 1979
- Kunal Kapur was born in New Delhi to a Punjabi family.
- Chef Kunal Kapur did his schooling from St. Francis De Sales School
- Kunal Kapur also pursued his education in Hotel Management from Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh.
|Born||(1979-09-18) September 18, 1979 (age 38)|
|Education||Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh|
Kunal Kapur (born in New Delhi), is an Indian celebrity chef and restaurateur, best known as the host and judge of the TV series MasterChef India Season 1, 2 and 3 on Star Plus and Junior Masterchef India Season 1.
Kunal was born in New Delhi to a Punjabi family. He did his schooling from St. Francis De Sales School and pursued his education in Hotel Management from Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh. He is also a graduate from the Delhi University in Commerce. At a very early age, he took a liking to cooking and pursued it to become one of the most well known chefs in the country today. In his free time, Kunal trains underprivileged & unemployed youth in cooking and raising funds to make their own sustained food business together with United Ways Delhi. He is also very passionate about automobiles, technology, photography, travel, fashion and history.
Having the early lessons about cooking from his father and grandfather, he began his career around 2000, from the Taj group of hotels and worked with many of its hotels in various cities across India. After a long career at the Taj group of hotels, he is now the Executive Sous Chef at the Leela Kempinski in Gurgaon. Kunal also opened a restaurant which has achieved the Best Restaurant Award. In January 2008, he was rated as one of the Best Indian chefs in Delhi by India Today and was also titled as "the next big guy in kebabs and curries in India". He is well recognized by the Government of India and was given an opportunity to present Satvik cuisine to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Ms. Merkel, in Bangalore. He also cooked for 42 first ladies on the India Africa Summit besides an interactive cooking session with them during their recent visit to India. Chef Kunal has an in-depth understanding of regional Indian cuisine having learnt it from the best in the industry during his early career. He is equally adept with innovative Indian cuisine that is at par with the best culinary standards in the world.
Kunal has made television appearances both in India and abroad. He hosted and judged the popular Star Plus television show MasterChef India in season 1, season 2,season 3 and season 5. He hosted his first travel & food show ‘The Foodie comes to America’, shot entirely in New York and California, discovering the journey of Indian food in the USA. The show was aired on Times Now which captures Kunal’s travel and culinary journey across one of the world’s most vibrant cities, showcasing the best Indo- American cuisine. Kunal also hosted season 1 and season 2 and season 3 of 'My Yellow Table' on NDTV Good Times and 'Pickle Nation', 'Fit Foodie', and 'Celebrating Togetherness' on Living Foodz.
He was invited as a guest judge on an episode of Season 2 of MasterChef (U.S. TV series).
His travel & food show Utsav Thalis Of India was aired on Living Foodz channel in 2017. He travels across Indian on this show to bring forth the culinary traditions associated with Thalis of India.
Awards and achievements
- Kunal is the brand ambassador for United Ways Delhi, a not for profit organization that focuses on improving lives by Education, Income and Health. Kunal’s role as ambassador is to train under privileged youth in food production, educating them with the right kitchen skills and techniques and help them in becoming small- scale entrepreneurs/food hawkers.
- Kunal is in the league of elite Star Chef on board German airline Lufthansa, where he has customized menus for the first and business class passengers. Star Chef Lufthansa
- Kunal works closely with NASVI (national association of street vendors of India) to improve the lives and quality of food and sanitation of food hawkers in India.
- Kunal promotes healthy cooking and is closely associated with Avanza Avocados in India for the same.
- Kunal is also associated with Tupperware and recently launched 2 of their new products in Delhi.
- Kunal is also a part of Passion Trails – which is organized by The Times of India, where he takes food enthusiasts on culinary adventures around the country.
- Kunal is also associated with Haldiram's Nagpur